We seek to ensure that all of our pupils receive a full-time education which maximises opportunities for each pupil to realise his/her true potential. Our school provides a welcoming, caring environment, whereby each member of the school community feels wanted and secure. Our staff work with pupils and their families to ensure each pupil attends school regularly and punctually.
We reward the efforts of pupils who have good attendance and those who improve their attendance and timekeeping and will challenge the behaviour of those pupils and parents who give low priority to attendance and punctuality. Our team regularly communicate with pupils, parents and appropriate agencies to provide mutual information, advice and support.
Click here to view our attendance policy.
If a child arrives at school after 9.00am he/she will be deemed late. Registers close at 9.10am and arrival at school after this time will be recorded as an unauthorised absence.
Pupils arriving at school after 9.00am must enter through the main entrance and be signed in by an adult at the school office.
What is expected of parents?
- To keep requests for their child to be absent to a minimum
- To offer a reason, or medical proof, for any period of absence, preferably before the absence or on the first day of absence
- To ensure that their child arrives at school on time, a reason should be offered for any lateness
- To work closely with us to resolve any problems that may impede a child’s attendance
- To take family holidays during school holiday periods and be aware that requests for holidays during term time will be refused except in exceptional circumstances.
- To be aware of curriculum requirements and be especially vigilant with regards to attendance during important academic times such as SATS
- To support their child and recognise their successes and achievements